First, you must know that we are self proclaimed dorks.
So it's only natural that we'd get a kick out of combining Jon's (and my future) last name Cunningham with the word run. Runningham. Told you - we're dorks.
We decided to start this blog to document our training together as runners. After reading a bunch of other running blogs lately (and especially the race reports from the Princess Half) we've been particularly inspired.
Jon's been a runner for years: ran through high school and college, was the captain of our college cross country team, and has continued running regularly since then. I, on the other hand, ran track in high school (I was alright, 6 minute miles. A far cry from what I run now.), ran cross country for a week in college, and ran only sporadically since. I've done a few 5K's here and there, but it's only been recently that I figured out why exactly people claim they love running. "Love" and "running" were two words I'd never think to utter in the same sentence, unless it was something like, "I love Snickers bars, not running." But during my training for the Princess race, once I reached the point where I could run 5 miles, it sort of hit me. I figured out a comfortable pace and after the first two or three miles, got into the zone, if you will. I stopped thinking about running and allowed my mind to wander to other things. Every once in awhile it came back to running, and all those wonderful little endorphins swam around in my brain (I say swam because the word endorphins reminds me of the word dolphins, and dolphins swim. Just pretend that it makes sense.) shouting "This is so much fun! Running is the best exercise, ever!", and I agreed with them.
It was at that point I realized 13.1 miles wasn't as far away as I'd thought.
So it's only natural that we'd get a kick out of combining Jon's (and my future) last name Cunningham with the word run. Runningham. Told you - we're dorks.
We decided to start this blog to document our training together as runners. After reading a bunch of other running blogs lately (and especially the race reports from the Princess Half) we've been particularly inspired.
Jon's been a runner for years: ran through high school and college, was the captain of our college cross country team, and has continued running regularly since then. I, on the other hand, ran track in high school (I was alright, 6 minute miles. A far cry from what I run now.), ran cross country for a week in college, and ran only sporadically since. I've done a few 5K's here and there, but it's only been recently that I figured out why exactly people claim they love running. "Love" and "running" were two words I'd never think to utter in the same sentence, unless it was something like, "I love Snickers bars, not running." But during my training for the Princess race, once I reached the point where I could run 5 miles, it sort of hit me. I figured out a comfortable pace and after the first two or three miles, got into the zone, if you will. I stopped thinking about running and allowed my mind to wander to other things. Every once in awhile it came back to running, and all those wonderful little endorphins swam around in my brain (I say swam because the word endorphins reminds me of the word dolphins, and dolphins swim. Just pretend that it makes sense.) shouting "This is so much fun! Running is the best exercise, ever!", and I agreed with them.
It was at that point I realized 13.1 miles wasn't as far away as I'd thought.
Post a Comment